How To Turn On Post Notifications On Instagram?
Instagram’s algorithm was altered in 2016 to emphasize curated posts based on a user’s preferences above chronologically ordered posts. Not surprisingly, many Instagram marketers panicked with fears that posts would be hidden in people’s feeds and go unnoticed by followers. Due to Instagram’s algorithmic feed, there is the possibility that people won’t see posts from some accounts that they follow. The Instagram algorithm based on many factors such as interest, usage, frequency, etc.
There is a solution to avoid this by enabling post notifications for specific accounts. By doing so, you will be notified whenever a specific account publishes a new post. There was a deluge of Instagram posts with arrows pointing to the upper-right corner asking users to enable post notifications. Our instructions will show you how to enable post notifications for an account that you follow.
Steps To Turn On Post Notifications On Instagram
- First of all, open the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android smartphone and click the search icon from the bottom.
- Search the profile for whom you wish to turn on post notifications.
- Click the notification or bell symbol from the top right corner.
- From the bottom of your screen, a menu will slide up. To activate notifications for each post type, use the toggles next to “Posts,” “Stories,” or “IGTV.”
- Tap the “Posts” button if you want to activate the post notifications only.
- Tap the “Live Videos” button if you wish to allow notifications for all Instagram Live videos for the profile (by default, Instagram only notifies you about some Instagram Live videos.).
- By clicking “Live Videos”, three things pop up including receive all notifications.
- Tap “Receive all notifications”, you are allowed to get all notifications from that profile.
- Repeat the process for any other Instagram account that you want to turn on post notifications.
Instagram is becoming the best social media platform where all the users have an open hand to do. Active IG is going to help all the users to become popular on Instagram by getting Instagram Likes.
Advantages Of Turning On Post Notifications
Here are many advantages of getting notified about posts. Instagram users often asked their followers to turn on post notifications, in order to increase likes and get more views on their videos.
Turning on post notifications is the best way to engage more people on your Instagram feed. Your posts go to more people’s feed and the risk of not getting to someone’s feed decreases. In this way, users are more likely to notice and interact with your posts and content. People stay informed about what’s going on with you. Another most important advantage is that post notification helps people to get more engaged with contests and giveaways on your feed.
Why Should Not Turn On Post Notifications?
While there are many advantages of turning on post notifications, some disadvantages also exist as some people get easily offended if you post more and they get a notification every time you post. Notifications may cause too much noise and take the joy out of Instagram. By getting more notifications, some people get annoyed and instead of gain followers, this disadvantage may cost you more in the long run.